Intensive Addiction Treatment with Independent Living
Intensive addiction treatment with independent living means receiving outpatient therapy in our outpatient San Diego area office while, as the name suggests, living independently. When the therapy session(s) is completed on a given day, the client leaves the office and goes about his/her ordinary business. If the client is a Visitor, he/she leaves the office and occupies him/herself as he/she sees fit until the next session(s).
Our two primary programs that offer Intensive Treatment with Independent Living are Treatment In Residence and our Visitors Program.
Treatment in Residence
Treatment-in-residence combines intensive outpatient treatment with residence in a sober living home. The focus on treatment-in-residence is primarily on individual psychotherapy with our world-class addiction treatment team. This program is normally 30 days or longer, but any length of stay is acceptable. The primary reasons for choosing treatment-in-residence over residential addiction rehab are:
- Lower cost
- Greater personal freedom
Treatment in Residence for Young Adults
For young adults, the focus of the treatment can be shifted to include life coaching on basic life skills (in addition to our focuses on motivation, craving, problem-solving, relationships, lifestyle balance, and living with purpose). For many young adults the foundations for adulthood may still need development. Therefore, as needed we focus on:
- Health habits and lifestyle (including proper sleep, exercise and nutrition)
- Basic communication skills and the capacity to express and assert oneself with confidence
- Emotional self-management
- Impulse control
- Money management
- Coping with stress and change
- Personal safety, personal care, basic household skills
- Cooperation and working within families, groups and organizations.
- Remedial work in reading, writing, arithmetic and other basic academic skills,
- Coping with learning disabilities, other mental health issues
The Visitor’s Program provides the intensity of alcohol and drug rehab, but with complete flexibility.
Attend intensive individual sessions in the office, but stay in the location of your choosing. Both the Sheraton La Jolla and Marriott Residence Inn San Diego La Jolla are within easy walking distance of the office. Also within walking distance are three grocery stores (Whole Foods, Trader Joes, Ralphs), numerous restaurants, various services (e.g., Enterprise car rental, FedEx Office), two movie theaters (4 screens and 12 screens), and two shopping centers (The Shops and The Village Square).
The Visitor’s Program is ideal for individuals with complex lives or time restrictions. This program allows you the option (often an ideal one) of having shorter and shorter periods (or “episodes”) of intensive treatment, and longer and longer periods of time back home, practicing your new skills in the real world.
- Six primary focuses: craving, motivation, problem-solving, relationships, lifestyle balance, and meaning in life (based on your own ultimate values and beliefs). We sometimes have a 7th focus, basic life skills, but assume you will not need this focus if you are suitable for Residing Outpatient
- Unlimited one-on-one sessions (including couples and family sessions; groups available but not required)
- The finest professional staff in the industry (choose whom you want to see)
- The broadest array of services, including holistic services (choose which services you want)
- Completely flexible scheduling
- Services for all related issues (“dual diagnosis,” including trauma, anxiety, depression, eating-related disorders, bipolar disorder, attention-related disorders, personality disorders, all substance and activity addictions, and relationship problems)
- The option of bringing your entire family for individual, couple and family work
Call us today to discuss your treatment options: (800) 977-6110
Practical Recovery is the leader in personalized care.
Together we create the recovery plan needed to address your unique concerns and situation.