Sober living is a crucial component of successful long term recovery. Our San Diego recovery house will support your new way of life.
Carmel Summit Retreat (CSR) is Practical Recovery’s beautiful and luxurious San Diego recovery house for men and women located in Carmel Valley of North County, San Diego – a scenic 10-minute drive from the beach. People from around the world choose Practical Recovery and CSR for our self-empowering, non 12 step approach to recovery from addiction. Our philosophy is that there are as many roads to recovery as there are individuals in recovery, and we provide a wide range of options to suit each person’s specific tastes and needs.
Our guests are welcomed to a warm, upscale San Diego sober living home in a safe, secure and established neighborhood. Private rooms allow space for recovery, professional work, solitude and reflection. All food is provided ‒ including chef-prepared dinners five nights per week. We also offer holistic activities and informative groups (yoga, exercise, recovery planning, personal finance and more) in which our guests are welcome to participate.
Whether you feel like reading a book by the fireplace, conversing while food is prepared in the kitchen, sipping coffee while overlooking the canyon and mountains in the distance, or relaxing in the jacuzzi and “gazing at stars”, we’re certain you’ll agree our San Diego recovery house is the right choice as your foundation for restoring your life.
Call us now to discuss your options and to learn more about our recovery home: (800) 977-6110.
Our full-time staff services each individual to make sure that they are making the most of their time at CSR. Whether our guests are engaged in our outpatient treatment program, enrolled in school, working, or actively pursuing other recovery-oriented activities, our team has the heart and the skills to constructively support and facilitate each person’s goals.
Why Sober Living ?
As stated in the National Institute on Drug Abuse’s (NIDA) Principles of Drug Addiction Treatment, “Scientific research and clinical practice demonstrate the value of continuing care in treating addiction. For many patients, a continuing care approach provides the best results.” The approach taken by San Diego sober living is increasingly being recognized as part of continuing care, or what Practical Recovery prefers to call “recovery maintenance” as well a component of active addiction treatment.
Therefore, people choose sober living at Carmel Summit Retreat for a variety of reasons:
- They have completed primary (the first phase of) treatment at Practical Recovery or elsewhere and want the safety of living in a sober environment to support their recovery goals*
- They are in our treatment-in-residence program – they reside here while attending our intensive outpatient program in La Jolla
- They need a safe living environment even though treatment may be at a low, or very low intensity
Our staff and current and former residents will attest to the fact that living in a San Diego recovery house amongst others with similar goals, can have a profoundly positive impact on one’s ability to maintain sobriety.
In addition to CSR’s location and lovely accommodations, access to caring and competent on-site staff, clinical professionals, holistic practitioners and career and educational advisors can support the move forward with personal, psychological, professional and spiritual endeavors.
Because we’re protective of our space and want to provide an environment that supports growth and fosters healing, CSR is very selective about the guests who stay in our recovery home. Our residents include people such as small business owners, lawyers, professors, serious students, moms and dads. We want to ensure that everyone benefits from the time and money spent to take positive and permanent steps towards complete recovery.
Services and Amenities:
- Full-time, professional staff
- 24-hour on-call staff available
- Supervised drug testing
- Beautiful 4,700 square-foot home
- All private bedrooms (except for one shared room)
- Partnership with medical, psychiatric, psychological, and holistic providers, as well as recovery maintenance referral sources
- Recovery-oriented, exercise, holistic and informative groups offered on site
- All food provided, including chef-catered dinners five nights per week
- Wireless internet access
- Inclusive weekend outings
- Local hiking and surfing
- Close proximity to several beaches
- Transportation to and from SMART Recovery, AA and other recovery-oriented meetings
- Transportation available
- Group activities such as bowling, hiking, movies, etc.
- Large flat-screen TV in living room
- Outdoor back yard fire pit
- Games and outdoor activities
- Billiards table
* We will accept individuals who have not completed primary treatment if they can demonstrate a level of commitment to their sobriety.