Practical Recovery Outpatient Rehab
Pyrysys Psychology Group
Perhaps you have come to realize that a period of concentrated effort, focus and professional support is required to alter what has proven to be a non-sustainable or harmful way of living (alcohol, drug or activity addiction may merely be only the most visible feature of difficulties in living). Outpatient treatment affords a greater level of freedom, flexibility and independence than required by residential treatment. However, you might have questions about how to address your concerns:
- Which specific types of issues can be addressed?
- Which therapists are the most compatible match for me?
- What kinds of therapies are most effective for me?
- What level of intensity will I need?
- Where will I reside during the course of my treatment?
The outpatient experience at Pyrysys Psychology Group offers unique, collaborative and comprehensive answers to all of your questions. We provide you with a service that truly treats you, the individual, as a whole person including mutually agreed upon treatment solutions tailored to your specific needs. Below, we describe some of the key factors involved in designing your individualized treatment experience with us>
- Those related to: Alcohol, Drugs (both prescription and street), Food, Tobacco, Gambling, Sex, Pornography, Internet, and more…
- Depression, Anxiety, Bi-polar, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD), Pain, Trauma, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), Sleep, Bereavement/Grief, Aging and Life Transitions, Relationships, Eating Disorders, Body Image, Self Esteem, and more…
- Collaboration- Your team of clinicians works together to provide comprehensive care. We meet three times per week as a group, and consult with each other daily to discuss your progress. This provides each clinician the opportunity to improve the outcome of your treatment. In addition, we will gladly coordinate care with outside providers, including those you may have been receiving treatment from prior to entering our program and those we may refer you to while you are receiving services at Pyrysys.
- Composition- At Pyrysys, you have the opportunity to receive treatment from a team of therapists working together with a unique approach. Part of this format consists of your spending several individual sessions each day with each member of your therapy team. Seeing multiple therapists with the Pyrysys team approach allows for multiple perspectives and insights. The end result is a better grasp of your issues, faster progress, and a more thorough and complete treatment experience.
- The team is made up of professionals in the field of psychology and addictions who offer a vast range of treatment options for you to choose from. You will find that the clinicians at Pyrysys have higher levels of education, credentials and experience than those on the staff of most other programs. Since everyone is unique in terms of situation and needs, the typical one-size-fits-all approach is inadequate. Rather, here at Pyrysys, you are given an opportunity to find which unique combination of professional approaches, strengths, personalities and tool sets create the optimal positive therapeutic connection to assist you in achieving your goals.
- Typically, during your first week with us you will meet with a variety of our clinicians. After these initial sessions, you will have the opportunity to individually meet with your Clinical Coordinator at least once per week to strategize about best fit, identifying which combination of clinicians will be chosen as your therapy team. Keep in mind that this is a dynamic process and therefore your team may change as your needs change over the course of your treatment.
You have needs that are unique to you, and we strive to offer as many tools as possible that might assist you in meeting your goals. The list below is an impressive list of approaches that you may experience while in treatment at Pyrysys:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Rational Emotive Therapy (REBT), Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT), Meaning Centered Therapy, Psychodynamic Therapy
- Family, Couples, and Group therapies, Community Reinforcement and Family Training (CRAFT), Coaching, Supporting Moderate Eating (ME), Relapse Prevention
- Mindfulness, Spirituality, Dream Work, Sandplay, Guided Imagery, Meditation, Energy Work, Bodywork, Acupuncture
- Hypnotherapy, Eye movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR), Emotional Freedom Technique/Thought Field Therapy (EFT/TFT)
- Psychiatric consultation, medication management
Many clients come to us for a specified period of time in which they plan to solely focus on their treatment. Others, due to the reality of career and/or family responsibilities, need to find a way to balance their time in treatment with the demands of everyday life. Based on your particular situation, you may choose to have several individual sessions per day or maybe just one or two. You can also change the amount and frequency of your sessions as your needs change from week to week. Although we will offer guidance, ultimately we respect that this decision will be yours to make. However, we find that a schedule of greater intensity generally achieves the desired results in a shorter period of time.
La Jolla is a beautiful beach community and there are many options for places to stay which include:
- Sober Living – Our luxury sober living home adds a social component to the outpatient treatment process that many of our clients feel is beneficial. This option is best suited to those who feel that living in a sober environment with others who are working through similar issues may enhance their treatment experience.
- Hotels – We have several business class and luxury hotels within a short drive to our outpatient offices. A couple of these hotels are even within walking distance. This option is best suited to those clients coming to us from out of town who want to maintain a certain level of privacy and autonomy during their stay.
- Living at home and commuting – For those clients who live in the San Diego area and would like to reside at home while in treatment.
- A Combination of the above options – For instance, some clients opt to begin their treatment while residing in sober living and after a few days or weeks, decide to move into a hotel or return home for the remainder of their program.
- Rental properties – At the nearby beaches or elsewhere in the San Diego area.
Call us today to discuss your treatment options: (800) 977-6110
Practical Recovery is the leader in personalized care.
Together we create the recovery plan needed to address your unique concerns and situation.