Rehab Facilities – Residential Treatment Services
Practical Recovery offers two residential drug and alcohol rehab facilities in the University City community of San Diego: Reunion San Diego, and our Men’s Residential Program. Clients come to us from around the world for our non 12 step rehab, self-empowering approach, and our world-class addiction treatment team.
Non 12 step means that nothing in our program is based on the 12-step, spiritual fellowship – often our clients seek us out because they’re looking for alternative addiction treatment. (However, clients are free to attend 12-step meetings if they wish.)
• Self-empowering means that our approach helps you, in time, to fully take control of your own life.
• Our world-class addiction treatment team of highly skilled professionals provides evidence-based treatments, supported by science, for drug and alcohol addiction and other psychological problems. You may also elect to use our optional holistic health services.
Why would someone want to attend residential or inpatient rehab?
Although every individual is unique, there are a number of common reasons to attend a residential rehab facility:
1) You need medically supervised detox from alcohol or certain drugs. Detoxification (also called medically supervised withdrawal) can be accomplished in a hospital, but a home-like environment provides a more comfortable experience for most individuals.
2) You need a controlled environment because you have not been able to abstain long enough on your own to build recovery momentum.
3) Your home environment and/or social circle does not support beginning the recovery process.
4) You need the intensity of a 24/7 experience without the distractions of living in your regular world (and whatever problems it gives you) in order to get the addiction recovery process off to a good start.
5) You’ve repeatedly tried outpatient alcohol and drug treatment and have not been able to maintain your recovery goals.
6) You have co-occurring mental-health issues that make it difficult to recover from alcohol and drug abuse or addiction.
Because of our flexible length of stay and our policy that requires just a two-day notice if you decide you want to leave treatment, you are not under contract to stay for a specific period of time. When the time is right to transition to a different level of services (a “level of care”) just tell us, and we will make arrangements for that transition to occur.
In fact, in addition to our two licensed residential treatment facilities (often called “inpatient treatment”), we offer transitional services through our Intensive Treatment through Independent Living Program (a San Diego sober living option), our Intensive Outpatient Rehab Program, and our Outpatient Rehab Program.
All of Practical Recovery’s addition treatment services can be customized for your goals, values, and situation. Compare Practical Recovery to traditional rehab facilities and you’ll see why people prefer our collaborative approach to addiction recovery.
Although many individuals believe that residential rehab facilities are the “gold standard” for addiction treatment, many individuals will do better in intensive outpatient rehab with independent living or outpatient rehab.
Call us today to discuss your treatment options: (800) 977-6110
Practical Recovery is the leader in personalized care.
Together we create the recovery plan needed to address your unique concerns and situation.