Compare Addiction Treatment Programs
We invite you to compare Practical Recovery to any other alcohol treatment and/or addiction treatment program.
Can you find one that offers our combination of treatment approach, individualization, flexibility, staff qualifications, and range of services?
- Is not 12-step (we teach self-empowerment, not reliance on a higher power)
- Is not disease model (we understand addiction as a complex maladaptive behavior)
- Does not use the labels “addict” or “alcoholic”
- Does not require groups (either onsite, or offsite support groups)
- Offers virtually unlimited individual sessions
- Offers the option of couples sessions, family sessions, and groups
- Individualizes your treatment plan to meet your goals and needs
- Individualizes your schedule to meet your time requirements and maximize treatment effectiveness
- Has a completely collaborative treatment planning process
- Has highly experienced doctoral level psychotherapists
- Offers the option of working with a team of psychotherapists
- Offers onsite specialized intensive psychotherapy services such as EMDR, neurofeedback, hypnotherapy and TFT
- Offers executive and business coaching and consultation
- Offers virtually unlimited aftercare
- Offers the option of completely private treatment (ask about our VIP options)
- Plans realistically for the likelihood of slips or relapses
- Does not try to “break” you
- Works with your own established beliefs, deepest values, goals and needs (and doesn’t try to change them)
- Treats all addictive behaviors, and related problems, in a coordinated manner (we work with the whole person, not just the addiction)
- Involves the best available outside providers in your treatment, as needed
If Practical Recovery is of interest to you, then we suggest asking the following questions of other facilities:
- How 12-step and disease model oriented is your program?
- Do you use the labels “addict” and “alcoholic?”
- How will I actually be spending my time each day?
- Do you require groups (either onsite, or offsite support groups)?
- How many individual sessions can I have? (most other programs have group sessions, not individual sessions, as their core service)
- Do I have the option of couples sessions, family sessions, and groups?
- To what extent do you individualize my treatment, to match my goals and needs?
- To what extent do you individualize my schedule? For instance, could I take time away from the program to attend a wedding, go to a meeting, just have a break, etc.?
- Can I return for a shorter stay later, if I need to have a “refresher course?”
- How much access will I have to a phone, my cell phone, my laptop, newspapers, and my own reading material?
- To what extent does my schedule change as I make progress?
- What are your “house rules?”
- What is the treatment planning process, and how collaborative is it?
- What are the qualifications and experience of the individual therapists I will be working with?
- How much continuity of therapists will I have? How many different therapists can I have? Can I work more with one therapist than another if I come to prefer one?
- What specialized intensive psychotherapy services do you offer, such as EMDR, neurofeedback, hypnotherapy or TFT?
- Do you also offer executive and business coaching and consultation?
- How does your aftercare program work?
- Do I have the option of completely private treatment?
- Can I do long distance coaching, by itself, or to get to know you better before arriving, or as aftercare?
- How will you prepare me for dealing with slips or relapses?
- Will you try to “break” me?
- To what extent do you try to change my beliefs, deepest values, goals and needs?
- What addictive behaviors do you treat?
- What related problems do you treat?
- How coordinated is the treatment of addiction and related problems?
- To what extent do you work with my whole person, not just my addiction?
- To what extent do you involve outside providers, if there is a service I need but you don’t provide?
Practical Recovery was established in 1985. We believe that there is no finer addiction treatment program anywhere. We work with the whole person, with special emphasis on the underlying issues that lead to addiction.
Call us today to discuss your treatment options: (800) 977-6110
Practical Recovery is the leader in personalized care.
Together we create the recovery plan needed to address your unique concerns and situation.