Practical Recovery is looking for an Admissions Coordinator to join our team!
Interested? Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org!
(NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE!)
OPEN APPLICATION PERIOD: April 15 – April 22, 2015
Reports to: Marketing Director
The Admission Coordinator is responsible for handling intake calls, coordinating intake and assisting with scheduling. The main purpose is to be the primary point of contact for all admissions clients prior to intake and to serve the clients in a professional, expedient, and courteous manner. Responsible for completing phone screenings to determine the appropriateness of an admission and working with clients/families on the front end of the admission to ensure an efficient admission process. Additionally, the Admission Coordinator will be responsible to provide referrals as appropriate to other treatment providers or facilities if the caller is not appropriate for services within the Practical Recovery addiction treatment system.
Must have strong organizational and communication skills and possess the ability to work effectively in a busy environment. Working knowledge of addiction treatment with some experience in an intake related position is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in a health related field or equivalent
- A minimum of 1-3 years’ experience processing intakes/admissions in a mental health setting
- Experience in general office responsibilities and procedures
- Knowledge of principles/practices of office management and health care organization
- Must be organized, committed and dependable. Must also demonstrate the ability to meet deadlines and
conform to organizational policies
- Strong knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Ability to work, develop and maintain good relationships with management, professional staff, community
agencies, patients and their families
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be computer literate; good writing, analytical, problem-solving and math skills
- Able to write in a legible, professional and coherent fashion; ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Ability to communicate effectively and work well in a multidisciplinary team
- Ability to operate standard office equipment, including but not limited to, computers, telephone systems,
- calculators, scanners, copiers and facsimile machines.
- Reliable, detail-oriented and able to multi task while staying calm under pressure
- Excellent judgment, customer service and listening skills
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Handle all intake calls and, in consultation with clinical director, complete intake screening to determine
- suitability for residential admission
- Be familiar with the insurance verification of benefits process
- Works with marketing team to ensure appropriate patient placement and referral
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously, and follow through on issues in a timely manner
- Maintain confidentiality in all aspects of patient, staff and agency information.
- Track and report key intake/admission metrics through the CRM for marketing purposes
- Participate in weekly trainings and meetings with direct supervisor and/or marketing team
- Responsible to communicate effectively, timely and professionally using appropriate documentation (i.e,
- communication log)
- Support management with marketing activities, conferences and speaking engagements
- Assist with outreach work to represent and promote agency, as needed and directed
Intake calls are to be answered Monday-Friday from 8am-8pm and weekends 8am-5pm. Practical Recovery reserves the right to alter an employee’s schedule, as needed. Because this is a salaried position, hours may fluctuate.
If interested, please send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com