Resident assistants have a multitude of responsibilities and play a crucial role in shaping our customers’ experience with us. Resident assistants are cooks, drivers and companions, happy to ensure the residents’ environment and experience are comfortable, safe and enjoyable. In addition, resident assistants:
- Monitor resident whereabouts
- Help residents stay on track with daily schedules
- Coach/aid residents with various tasks, such as revising resumes, searching for jobs and cleaning their rooms
- Ensure residents take all medications as prescribed
- Closely monitor the health and well-being of our detoxing residents
- Bachelors Degree in psychology, social science or related field
- One-year experience or part-time equivalent working with persons having mental disorders.
- Current CPR certification and First Aid Certification
- Certification must be kept current as a condition of employment.
- Strong knowledge of housekeeping duties.
- Strong knowledge of food handling and hygiene standards
- Must be able to assist clients with food preparation, cleaning, daily life skills coaching
- Must be physically and mentally able to assist in an emergency situation.
- Must have the ability to monitor medication use with appropriate documentation.
- Must have a TB screen within the last year or able to get one within 7 days of hire.
- Valid California Drivers License, vehicle insurance and ability to provide transportation.
Reports to: Program Director
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
- Possess a genuine interest and concern for the welfare of the clients.
- Possess ability and interest in acquiring professional growth through continuing education.
- Have ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with all center personnel, professional staff, representatives from government and community agencies, clients and their families and the public.
- Possess an understanding of professional boundaries between clients and staff.
- Must be a team player, adaptable to changes and able to work in a multidisciplinary team setting
- Be able to write in a legible and coherent fashion.
- Must be able to establish strong rapport with clients and a positive connection
Hours: 12-16 per week
Saturday 8am-4:30pm or Saturday 2:30-11pm (may be scheduled for either; requires flexibility)
When applying for this position, please include:
– A cover letter
– Salary history and expectations