PTSD and substance abuse go hand in hand.
You are not alone.
The statistics of substance abuse issues among veterans is staggering. Practical Recovery offers non 12 step, trauma-informed addiction treatment. Whether you’re in need of outpatient or residential treatment, we treat YOU, the whole person, not just the symptoms or substance abuse. Our self-empowering approach can help you overcome not just the addiction, but any underlying trauma or mental health issues as well.
- Trauma-informed treatment – Don’t just address the substance abuse, treat the reasons for the substance abuse
- Dual-diagnosis treatment – Treat co-occurring disorders (depression, anxiety, PTSD, etc.) for greater chances of a successful recovery
- Individualized treatment – you are not treated as another number. Your care is tailored to you.
- Completely confidential – with our cash pay option, treatment is not reported to insurance and does not need to be documented on your service record
- Repair strained relationships with optional family sessions
- Feel safe in our small, quiet 4- and 6-bed residential facilities
- You do not have to admit you are powerless – in fact, we recognize your strength as a soldier and help you find your strength as a survivor
- Receive respectful care
- Use your insurance (most PPO plans accepted)
- Mostly private rooms
- Personal chef
- Access to personal laptop and cell phone
- Of those who seek help, between 60% and 80% of veterans also seek treatment for substance abuse.
- Over 2/3 of people seeking treatment for substance use disorder report one or more traumatic life events.
- 22-43% of people living with PTSD have a lifetime prevalence rate of substance use disorders and the rate for veterans is as high as 75%.